- Name : Digital Image Processing
- Lecturer : Lee Yun-Gu
- Semester : 2014 Fall
- Course : BE. Computer Science and Engineering
- Textbook : Gonzalez, R., C. and Woods, R., E. (2007) Digital Image Processing. 3rd E. Prentice Hall.
- Syllabus [link]
Listing themes I learned in the lecture in time order.
- Image compression
- data redundancy
- coding redundancy
- Create image files and zoom in/out and rotation.
- Create image files: polygons, gradation.
- Zoomed in & out image files using bilinear interpolation: 256*256 to 436*436 and 512*512.
- Create rotated image files: cases of 30, 45, 60 degree.
- Histogram equalization, Smoothing, Sharpening, Median filter
- Histogram equalization
- Smoothing: average filter 3*3, average filter 7*7, weight average filter 3*3, and their comparison.
- Sharpening: negative weight average filter 3*3
- Median filtering: median filter 3*3
- Implement a 2D-DFT function and its inverse using C language. And implement a smoothing function in frequency, a lowpass filter.
- Implement 2D-DFT function and its inverse function
- Output smoothing images using lowpass filters of 5 different radiuses in frequency domain.
- statistics, discretelty converting, signal processing: helpful to understand and develop image processing idea.